Apple will be releasing iOS 16 on September 12. Here are the new features you will get with iOS 16.
Apple is all set to release iOS 16 tomorrow, September 12. iOS 16 will bring new customization features, and more thus enhancing the iPhone experience for users. “iOS 16 enhances iPhone with all-new customization features, deeper intelligence and more seamless ways to communicate and share. Available from 12th September,” Apple said. Also, according to the information provided by a Twitter user- AppleTrack, Apple has confirmed that emergency SOS via satellite will launch in November as part of iOS 16.1.
“Apple has CONFIRMED that Emergency SOS via Satellite will launch in November as part of iOS 16.1,” AppleTrack tweeted. It can be known that Apple has unveiled four iPhone 14 models- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max along with several other products including Apple Watch Series 8, Watch Ultra, Watch SE, AirPods Pro 2 at its Far Out event held on September 7. Also, all the iPhone 14 models will be supporting iOS 16. Needless to say, other iPhones like iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 and more will get iOS 16 too.
Want to check out the iOS 16 features? Here is all you need to know.
Top 10 features of iOS 16
1. Lock Screen: You will get all-new ways to customize your Lock Screen. You will be able to showcase your favorite photos, customize font styles and display a set of widgets to get information at a glance. You will also be able to switch your Lock Screen throughout the day, just touch and hold it, and then swipe.
2. Create multiple Lock Screens: You can now create different Lock Screens, each with a unique backdrop and style, and easily switch between them. Browse the gallery of wallpapers with suggested photos and themed collections for inspiration.
3. Widgets on the Lock Screen: You can choose to display a set of widgets as part of your Lock Screen to glance at information like the weather, time, date, battery levels, upcoming calendar events, alarms, time zones and Activity ring progress.
4. Notifications: View notifications on the Lock Screen in an expanded list view, stacked view or hidden view. And notifications appear at the bottom of the screen, so they stay out of the way.
5. Easily set up to Focus: A new streamlined setup for Focus lets you select the apps and people you want to receive notifications from either allowing them or silencing them. Connect your Lock Screen to your Focus so the look and feel of your iPhone match how you want to use it in the moment. With a swipe, you can go from your Personal Focus to your Work Focus with widgets showing upcoming meetings and to-do lists.
6. iCloud Shared Photo Library: It will be coming later this year. You will be able to share a photo library with your family, share a separate iCloud photo library with up to five other people. Everyone has equal permissions for adding, editing and deleting photos in the shared library. Favorites, captions and keywords sync too, so if one person organizes the collection, everyone benefits.
7. Messages: You can now edit a message you just feel or unsend a recent message altogether. And you can mark a message as unread if you can’t respond in the moment and want to come back to it later. You can edit a message for up to 15 minutes after sending it. While unsend any message for up to 2 minutes after sending it.
8. Mail: Intelligent search improves your results by correcting typos for your search terms. You will see a richer view of shared content and more from the moment you begin to search for email messages. You will also get notified if you forget to include an important part of your message, like an attachment or a recipient.
9. Safari: Share tabs and bookmarks, send messages and start FaceTime right from Safari. Whether you’re planning a trip with friends or shopping for a couch with your partner, you can share all the tabs in one place. And when they find something great, they can add tabs too.
10. Home: The Home app is rebuilt from the ground up to be even more efficient and reliable. Navigate all your smart home accessories in the redesigned Home tab. New categories for climate, lights, security and more let you access relevant accessories with just a tap. And a multi-camera view puts your smart home cameras front and centre.
There are several more features you can enjoy. Check it here. https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios-16/features/.